EC Credential

Home / EC Credential

Early Childhood Educator Credentials

Full Early Childhood Educator Credential 
The candidate for an Early Childhood credential must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university or its equivalent.

Associate Early Childhood Educator Credential

An AMS Associate Early Childhood credential is awarded to an adult learner with a minimum of a secondary level state approved/recognized (high school) diploma or GED or the international equivalent, but who has not earned a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university or its equivalent as determined by a recognized credential evaluation service. Candidates for an AMS Associate Early Childhood credential must complete all requirements for the course in which they are enrolled. Upon completion, they should represent themselves as holding an AMS Associate Early Childhood credential.

Applicants for the AMS Early Childhood course who do not have a U.S. Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent are required to sign a statement verifying that they understand that some locations or schools may not accept an Associate credential as the qualification for full teaching responsibility.

Holders of the AMS Associate Early Childhood credential are strongly encouraged to obtain their Bachelor’s degree within seven years of credentialing.

Teachers with an Associate Early Childhood credential are eligible for upgrade to an AMS Early Childhood credential upon completing the Bachelor’s degree requirement. An official transcript documenting this completion and appropriate form and upgrade fee must be sent to AMS office of teacher education by the individual receiving the degree. The teacher must be a current AMS member at the time of the upgrade

International Transcript and Credential:  Applicants who have an international college transcript can get it evaluated for its US equivalence.